quinta-feira, novembro 06, 2003

matando saudade de alguns olhares, como o da giu - essa menina doce que eu não vejo há anos - me deparei com esse texto e não hesitei em roubá-lo.

WITCHCRAFT BY A PICTURE.
by John Donne
I FIX mine eye on thine, and there
Pity my picture burning in thine eye;
My picture drown`d in a transparent tear,
When I look lower I espy;
Hadst thou the wicked skill
By pictures made and marr`d, to kill,
How many ways mightst thou perform thy will?
But now I`ve drunk thy sweet salt tears,
And though thou pour more, I`ll depart;
My picture vanished, vanish all fears
That I can be endamaged by that art;
Though thou retain of me
One picture more, yet that will be,
Being in thine own heart, from all malice free.

Comments: Postar um comentário



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?